Headboards are designed to fit on the end of a mine prop and increase the contact area between the prop and the hanging or footwall.
This reduces the contact pressure of the immediate hanging wall or footwall in contact with the prop.
Advantages of Headboards
- Increased support area of prop
- Decreased contact pressure on hanging or footwall
- The Pre-Stress Headboard is a unit supplied complete with an integral pre-stressing unit.
- The Universal Headboard is designed to accommodate a range of pre-stress units or in applications where no pre-stressing unit is required.
- The Ring Headboard reduces the risk of the headboard slipping off the pole in conditions with uneven ground.