International Leaders in Mine Support Technology
New Concept Mining (NCM) are proud to be part of making underground a safer place to work for thousands of people every day. As international leaders in the design, development and production of Mine Support Technology, we continuously work with our clients to successfully research and develop products that contribute to increased safety and consequently increased productivity, for mining operations. For over 30 years, our in-house rock engineers with extensive hard rock and deep level mining experience, supported by a team of mechanical and industrial engineers have been researching and developing mine roof support and associated products. Our high volume Manufacturing facilities utilise state of the art production systems for the manufacture of world class, safety critical products. With a worldwide presence and sophisticated production and distribution channels, we are well equipped to provide exceptional service to customers across the world.
New Concept Mining supplies a comprehensive range of roof support products, roof monitoring systems and associated accessories for underground mining operations.
Product categories supplied include:
- roof support tendons for static and dynamic support,
- pre-stressing devices for timber elongates and pack support,
- safety netting for temporary areal support,
- welded mesh for permanent areal support,
- Roof monitoring systems for detection and early warning of rock movement
New Concept Mining is internationally accredited to ISO 9001:2015. Through stringent application of quality controls and process improvements the current operational failure rate of products is constantly improving and meets the most demanding international standards.
Service and Support
Technical advice and service for all products is available to mining customers across the world from our Head Office located in Johannesburg, South Africa. Our in-house team of Rock Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and Industrial Engineers are on hand to support customers through our strategically located offices situated around the world.
New Concept Mining group offices are located in Africa, the Americas and Asia with representative agents in Europe, North Africa and Australia – for contact details please click here.
Customer service and support has always been paramount at NCM. Our service team has a combined total of over 200 years of mining experience and provides a vital link between new product development, factory and customer. Many of the products now in use underground were developed through this close cooperation between mine production personnel and New Concept Mining.
Research and Development
New Concept Mining employs a team of Rock Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and Industrial Engineers who continually work on various research and development projects. These projects are focused around innovative mining support solutions reflected by the company’s product offering. Our in-house design and manufacturing competencies allow NCM to provide tailored solution to unique customer needs.
Industry recognition of New Concept Mining’s commitment to innovation, safety and quality is demonstrated by the various awards NCM has received over the years:
- SABS Design Award 1991 – Safe-T-Pack mono-winch pulleys
- SABS Design Award 1997 – Yielding Elongate Prop
- SABS Design Award 2002 – Jackpot pre-stress unit
- SABS Design Award 2004 – Hydrabolt tendon
- ISO accreditation in 2008
- 2009 Best Employer Award
- 2010 Anglo American Supplier Award (Sustainability), runner up in Innovation category
- 2011 Anglo American Supplier Award (Safety)
- 2011 Best Employer Award
- 2013 Productivity award from Productivity SA
- 2013 Deloittes Best Companies to Work for, 3rd place in Manufacturing category
- 2014 SA Premier Business Awards – Winner of Quality Category
- ISO accreditation in 2015